Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Left my Heart In San Francisco

John, Clara and I took a trip to Northern Cali to see my grandparents and my aunt. I got to take Clara to the Lagoon where I went as a kid, and fed the birds. Clara got to spend Sunday with them while John and I went to the 49ers game. It was the first professional football game we have been to. We had amazing seats! Right at the end zone. During one play in the second quarter, a ball was thrown right at us. John was holding his camera, and actually swatted the ball. The lady next to us got the ball. If only John wasn't protecting his camera......It was all neat because they were retiring Steve Young's jersey. From what I understand, they are also going to be tearing down Candlestick park in a few years, so I am glad that we got to go there.


The next day, we spent sightseeing at Marin Headlands (right next to the Golden Gate Bridge) and Fisherman's Wharf at Pier 39. Clara liked the sea lions, although I am not sure she exactly got what they were. Before heading home, we had an early dinner at Applebee's with my grandparents. It is their favorite restaurant. Thanks for having us! We really enjoyed our visit!
PS Clara is really getting good at pulling up, and will rock once she gets on her hands and knees.....uh oh.....crawling for sure by Halloween, maybe even walking! For more pics, check out Facebook....

Feeding the birds


The opening of the 49er Game

Steve Young and his teammates at half time

At Marin Headlands in the morning

Pier 39 and the famous Sea Lions


My grandparents


My favorite pic - other side of the bridge, in the afternoon, with the fog rolling in....

I love San Fran

2 comments:

Mark and Kandice said...

What a fun trip! I have never been there before, but it is on my list of places to go. :) I just substituted for Marilyn today, it was really fun!

Byron Events said...

thats pretty cool to be able to go on vaca to visit g&g, thats what we do in san diego. its been way to long since i've been there. clara is such doll!